The Future Begins Here!
LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE IN LEADING THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE OF ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND PRACTICE
The level 4 Certificate in leading the internal quality assurance of assessment process and practice is an acknowledged qualification for those responsible for leading an internal team of quality assurance employees within the organisation. This course will help teachers to build an understanding of internal quality assurance principles and practises within a vocational Education setting.
Who is the course for?
The Level 4 certificate is for candidates who are responsible for the planning, allocation and monitoring of work done by other Internal Quality Assurers.
This course is suitable for:
- Practitioners who need formal recognition of their professional competence in the role of IQA to comply with the assessment strategies of the Sector Skills Councils / Regulatory requirements.
- Individuals who currently work for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel to achieve internal quality or professional development qualification.
- Individuals who perform quality assurance in most training environments, including FE, adults, employers and the third sector.
- individuals in all occupational areas who carry out quality assurance
Course Entry Requirements
- Learners should have experience and/or qualifications in the assessment and internal quality assurance
- Learner must be 19 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this programme.
Level 4 Certificate in leading the internal quality assurance of assessment process and practice
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 115 hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 170 hours
How is the Course Assessed?
The Center assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a 'pass' for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgement that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgement of the learners has been achieved.
Once the course is successfully completed, students can gain IQA status in their organisation to lead teams of internal quality assurance personnel. They will be able to guide them. or The Candidates may progress to External Verifier qualifications.
To receive the level 4 Certificate in leading the internal quality assurance of assessment process and practice, learners must obtain a minimum of 17 credits:
|1.||Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment||6|
|2.||Internally assure the quality of assessment||6|
|3.||Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility||5|
The learner will:
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the internal qualify assurance of assessment
- Understand techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment
The learner will:
- Be able to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to internally evaluate the quality of assessment
- Be able to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Be able to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
The learner will:
- Be able to produce a work plan for own area of responsibility.
- Be able to allocate and agree responsibilities with team members.
- Be able to monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility and provide feedback.
- Be able to review and amend plans of work for own area of responsibility and communicate changes