The Future Begins Here!
Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment is intended for practitioners who use the following assessment methods to evaluate the demonstration of competence in a work environment: observation, examination of work products, oral questioning and discussion, use of others (e.g. witnesses), statements of learners and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Who is the course for?
This qualification is appropriate for the following:
- For individuals in most learning environments, including FE, Adult Continuing Learning, Employers and the Third Sector.
- Practitioners who assess workplace competency and/or regulated qualifications.
- For individuals who perform quality assurance in all sectors of employment.
- For individuals who currently do not practise e.g. a starting point for aspiring assessors or a manager, HR or quality assurance personnel professional development qualification.
- For individuals interested in knowing more about evaluation or needing to know about evaluation practises as part of their role.
- For people who want a short qualification so that they can make career choices
Course Entry Requirements
- Learner will normally need access to at least two candidates to complete assessment practice to gain the qualification
- Learner must be 19 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this programme
Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment:
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 54 hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 90 hours
How is the Course Assessed?
The Center assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a 'pass' for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgement that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgement of the learners has been achieved.
Once the course is successfully completed, The Candidates may progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement on successful completion of the additional unit: Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding.
The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment also provides progression opportunities to the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
To receive the Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the work environment, learners must obtain a minimum of 9 credits:
|1.||Understanding the principles and practices of assessment||3|
|2.||Assess occupational competence in the work environment||6|
Once the course is successfully completed, you would:
- Understand the assessment principles & requirements
- Understand various types of assessment techniques
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how learners and others can be involved in assessment
- Understanding how to take evaluation decisions
- Understanding your own contribution to assessment quality assurance
- Understand how to manage work competency assessment information
- Understand the requirements of legal and good practise in relation to assessment
- Be able to plan the occupational skills assessment
- Be able to make assessment decisions on occupational skills