The Future Begins Here!
Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment
The Level 2 Award in Risk Assessment Principles is a qualification designed to help improve the health and safety of the workplace culture. Its main objective is to enable learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment. This qualification will therefore enable all employees to contribute to the process and always act to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
Who is the course for?
This qualification is for anyone in the workplace. While employees may not undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and are expected to behave in a manner that always protects the health and safety of themselves and others. These qualifications will make them more risk-aware and improve their understanding of risk assessments.
Course Entry Requirements
- There are no other formal entry requirements
- Learner must be 19 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this programme
Level 2 award in principles of risk assessment
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 6 hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 6 hours
How is the Course Assessed?
The Centre assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes. To achieve a 'pass' for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgement that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully. The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgement of the learners has been achieved.
Once the course is successfully completed, The Candidates may progress to:
- Level 3 award in principles of risk assessment
To receive the Level 2 award in principles of risk assessment, learners must obtain a minimum of 1 credit:
|1.||Risk Assessment Principles||1|
- Understand why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment