The Future Begins Here!
Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment
The Level 3 Award Risk assessment is a key component of safety at work. Adequate and sufficient risk assessments will help to ensure legal compliance, but will also effectively reduce risks to the health and safety of employees and others in the workplace. This qualification is intended for learners who are responsible for carrying out risk assessments in low-risk sites. It covers risk assessment principles, risks and risk relations, and requires students to use their knowledge of the course through risk evaluation. As a risk assessor, laying the foundations for further development.
Who is the course for?
This Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Qualification is for anyone responsible for conducting risk assessments in low risk settings e.g. supervisors, site managers. It would also be appropriate for people, e.g. team leaders, technical staff, who make a significant contribution to the risk assessment process.
Course Entry Requirements
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety
- Learner must be 19 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this programme
Level 3 award in Risk Assessment
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 14 hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 20 hours
How is the Course Assessed?
The Center assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes. To achieve a 'pass' for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgement that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully. The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgement of the learners has been achieved.
Once the course is successfully completed, The Candidates may progress to:
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
To receive the level 3 award in Risk assessment, learners must obtain a minimum of 2 credits:
|1.||The Principles of Practice of Risk Assessment||2|
The learner will be able to
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Understand the principals involved in risk assessment.
- Understand the relationship between hazard and risk as part of an accident and ill health prevention strategy
- Apply the hierarchy of controls to control risk to an acceptable level.
- Apply knowledge of the risk assessment process in a workplace