The Future Begins Here!
LEVEL 4 AWARD IN THE INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE OF ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND PRACTICE
The objective and purpose of qualifications is for those in a role in internal quality assurance to obtain the skills and understanding necessary to undertake and perform internal quality tasks and responsibilities to ensure the assessment of learning according to industry standards.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for:
- Practitioners who need formal recognition of their professional competence in the role of IQA to comply with the assessment strategies of the Sector Skills Councils / Regulatory requirements.
- Individuals who currently work for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel to achieve internal quality or professional development qualification.
- Individuals who perform quality assurance in most training environments, including FE, adults, employers and the third sector.
- individuals in all occupational areas who carry out quality assurance
Course Entry Requirements
- There are no specific skills, knowledge, understanding or any other qualifications that must be achieved to start this qualification
- IQA-candidates must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.
- Learner must be 19 years or older at the beginning of the course
- A basic English level may be required for this programme.
Level 4 award in the internal quality assurance of assessment process and practice
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 90 hours
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 120 hours
How is the Course Assessed?
The Center assesses all units within this qualification internally. Qualifications are referenced criterion, based on achieving all of the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a 'pass' for a unit, learners must provide evidence to show that they have met all of the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all of the evaluation criteria. The Assessor makes a judgement that the learners have met the assessment criteria successfully.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the overall achievement of the judgement of the learners has been achieved.
Once the course is successfully completed, The Candidates may progress to Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance Processes and Practice
To receive the Level 4 award in the internal quality assurance of assessment process and practice, learners must obtain a minimum of 12 credits:
|1.||Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment||6|
|2.||Internally assure the quality of assessment||6|
The learner will:
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the internal qualify assurance of assessment
- Understand techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment
The learner will:
- Be able to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to internally evaluate the quality of assessment
- Be able to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Be able to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment